From basic beginner to advanced, our cycle maintenance courses can be tailored to meet your requirements.
You’ll probably be taught by Rob himself, and the courses are based on the Park Tools School Programme plus a few extras that Rob has picked up from many years cycling, working as a race mechanic as well as an aircraft engineer.
Most cycle maintenance courses require The Park Big Blue Book of Bike Repairs (which is included in the price) as it is easy to use, follow, full of pictures and is a great reference from the basic jobs up to the advanced level mechanic.
The cycle maintenance courses are not used to service the bike but to learn the required skills, so you can practice and carry out work at home saving money in the long term. There is lots to learn as well as many subjects to cover and training is delivered as a mix of lectures, demos and some hand on skills. The intermediate and advanced courses are the most hands on.
Students are encouraged to bring their own bike and any cycle tools that they might have. (Use of tools and bike stands are provided for course). This enables Rob to tailor the information to your own bike and advise on any future tools you might need post course.
Click on the course descriptions below for more details.
- Bike anatomy.
- Bike Safety Check.
- Bike/rider set up.
- Road/trail side repairs (inc wheel removal).
- Tools/spares to carry.
- Cleaning & looking after you bike<./li>
- Lubes & lubrication of the bike.. Time: 3.5 Hours. Price Per Person - £45 (2-5 People per course). Course participates also get 5% off any parts/tools purchased on the course.
- Bike Care Basics
- Bike maintenance Basics
- Rear Sprockets
- Derailleur system set up
- Brake system set up
- Bars/stems/saddle/seat post
- Basic rider set up 1 day course (1 Person per course). One 2 one training - £180 includes Park big blue book. (RRP £24.99) (£160 if you have the book) Finely Tuned Ride is offering this course ,free of charge when you spend over £800 with us on frame and parts. So why not take a look at the custom build pages to find out more.
- Bike classification
- Bike cleaning
- Bike lubrication
- Bike safety check (M check)
- Bike/rider set up
- Fit/fix chain
- Adjust Brakes (cable, v, canti, and disc MTB)
- Index Gears
- Adjust Headset
- Get you home repairs
- Tools to Carry
- Tools that cover the course Time: 7.5 hours (1 day (2-4 People per course). £140pp includes Park big blue book. (RRP £24.99) (£120 if you have book) Course participates also get 5% off parts/tools purchased on course We prefer to hold this course during the week if possible, but please contact Finely Tuned Ride to discuss booking onto this course.
- Basic bicycle maintenance
- Tires & tubes
- Basic wheel truing
- Bottom brakes
- Derailleur system
- Brakes, rims & disc
- finishing kit
- headsets Time: 8 hours (i day), (1-3 people per course).
- £180pp includes Park Big Blue Book (£24.99), £160 if you have the book.
- Bike care basics
- Bike maintenance basics
- Tyres & tubes
- Rear sprockets
- Basic wheel true
- Derailleur systemsBrake system - disc
- Brake system - calliper
- Bars/stems/saddle/seat post
- Basic suspension
- Basic rider set up
- Trail side repairs This course takes two 2 days for 1 or 2 people. £320 per person, or £300 if you already have the Park Big Blue Book. Course participants will also get 10% off parts and tools purchased on the course.
To find out more or to make a booking, please email us at email@example.com with a brief description of what you wish to cover and which course you area interested in.
Maintenance courses from the Park Tool School Programme.
Below are some very kind words from a customer who completed a 1-to-1 cycle maintenance course, that covered some basic checks/repairs/adjustments to some more advance repairs to keep their bikes running smoothly.“Rob is one of the most knowledgeable, calm, friendly and helpful tradesmen I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He came over to our house for the day to service three bikes we will be taking on a ride to Spain and I asked him to spend the day with me so I could learn about doing the various repairs during our trip. He explained everything in a very clear and concise way without using lots of technical jargon and he very rapidly got my bike running smoothly again. He is very reasonable in all aspects of his business and I could not recommend him more highly.”